Thursday, January 27, 2011

Potty Training!!

Tuesday morning Burke didn't want to put on a new diaper so I put underwear on him.  (A couple people I know have done the 3 day potty training boot camp and it work for them.  I knew it wouldn't be that easy for us since you have to stay glued to your child's side during these 3 days and not go anywhere.  That's pretty hard to do when you have a nursing 4 month old to take care of too!)  So I put all his diapers in the garage and told him I threw them away. Day 1 we went through maybe 6 pairs of underwear.  He did great.  I didn't think I  could do it, I figured I'd give in and just put a diaper on him especially since Wednesday we had Dane's check and my niece Rylee's 1st basketball game to go to.  So we were getting ready for to leave for the Dr and I tried putting a pull up on him.  Burke said 'not that kind'.  Of course he wanted to only wear big boy underwear.  So I packed a separate bag with multiple changes of clothes.  I was just hoping that Burke could hold it while we were in the car.... and he did great.  Day 2- only 2 pairs of underwear.  Here we are on day 3!!!  I'm amazed at how well he's doing.  We still have to keep a close eye on him and constantly ask him if he has to go.  It's so cute to see him in his underwear and boy will it be nice not having to buy diapers for him anymore :)  We're so proud of our big boy!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

GREAT JOB Burke and Laurie!!!!! Congrats on being diaper-free!

Lisa Marie said...

Great JOB !!! You all are doing great, and I am SUPER PROUD of both of you. Your one AMAZING mother and Burke is one AMAZING boy. Whoo Hoooo!