Friday, October 1, 2010

1 week old!

Wednesday Dane had his 5 day check up.  It went very well.  He gained back 2 oz that he lost after birth.
Weight: 7.14 lbs 23%    Height: 20 1/2 in  23%   Head: 14 cm 21%

 He's been a really really good baby!  Plus I think it's a lot easier the 2nd time around because we knew what to expect.  The first days in the hospital everything woke him up and now he sleeps through all kinds of noises. 
 I am breastfeeding him!  Luckily Dane caught on really fast.  Paul and I both believe that it's an important thing to do.  It's really nice that he's so supportive of it :) 

As for big brother Burke...  He's been doing great!  He loves Dane.  Before touching him he'll say ' I want to touch his feet' or 'I want to kiss on his head'.  He's surprisingly gentle about it.  When we talk about the people we love he'll say ' I love Dane first'.  Burke makes sure that Dane always has his blanket and hat.
 He hasn't adjusted to other people holding Dane.  He'll say ' No mommy hold him' or 'daddy hold him'
He also thinks that Dane should sleep in our bed too!  I'm hoping to get a bassinet or co-sleeper so he can sleep right next to us.  The last couple nights Dane's slept in the swing in our room.  When Burke isn't paying attention I'll put Dane in the crib.  He'll sleep about anywhere!

Paul has been off all week!! It has been a huge help to have him here.  I'm sure it's made it a bit easier for Burke to adjust to the changes too.  Paul's been taking care of Burke and buddy so that I can rest and take care of Dane.

And now what you've been waiting for... new pictures!

  Dane's 1st bath with Burke today!

3 comments:

Betsy Spoor said...

super cute! Congrats and keep the pictures coming!

~Lisa~ said...

I keep looking at all of Dane's new pictures, Im so in love with him. Happy Week Old Birthday:) Great Post

Katie said...

He is such a little cutie! Can't wait to see you guys!

And YAY for breastfeeding! I'm glad that is going well for you guys! :)