Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We have been in LaPorte for about 1 week now. We are still getting settled in. Paul started his job Monday and so far so good! When Paul gets home Burke smiles at him and blabbers. He gets so exctied to see him.
Burke and I have been busy unpacking and visiting.
Monday we went to John and Amanda's and played with the kids. Ava is something else. She rode in my car when we went to the post office and she said 'You need to clean your car' (I laughed...my car always needs to be cleaned.) Then she said there's stuff on the window followed by ' You want me to come to your house and help clean your car!' She was cracking me up :) I'm sure we will be spending many afternoons over there...
Tuesday we had lunch with my mom at the hospital and then hung out with my dad. It's nice being able to visit people during the day.

Burke update:
He has 2 bottom teeth and his 2 upper teeth are getting ready to break through any time. He is a good eater. About 2 weeks ago we tried giving him puffs. He hasn't very sure of them but ate them. Today when I gave him some he let them melt in his mouth and would open right up to get some more.
When Burke is on his stomach he scoots backwards and is trying to crawl by putting his butt up in the air and putting his legs underneath. He's trying :) I'm sure it won't be long.

2 comments:

a.tonagel said...

You are so lucky to be in LP! Somedays I desperately want to be back but I am thankful for where we are for right now.

babybird said...

Sounds like things are going well for you all! I'm so happy for you! Just wait till Burke is more mobile...he'll really keep you busy then:)! And don't worry, Ava tells me to clean things all the time too...lol! So funny!