Monday, July 28, 2008

We took Burke to...

When Burke and I venture out we usually go to Target, the grocery store, or to rent a movie. About 2 weeks ago Burke, my mom and I (and some of my mom's friends) went to Amish Acres. We had dinner and then went to see the play 'Plain and Pretty'. The play was 2 1/2 hours; we watched 2 hours of it. Burke slept through the majority of it. (He would squirm a bit when the audience clapped.)

Our next public trip out was to see "The Dark Knight" the new Batman movie. Again we took Burke. I was a nervous wreck the whole time. Boy did I get some funny looks taking a baby to the movies. I had him in his sling and he did great. He slept right through it! I don't know how, it was very loud.

Our latest trip out was Saturday night. Paul's company had an outing at Conner Prairie. We had dinner there and then we listened to the Indianapolis Symphony. They played all James Bond music. It was a out door event. This time Burke stayed awake. He was laying on the blanket inbetween Paul and I. He was looking up at the trees and listening to all of the people and the music. The 3 of us had a really nice time and would love to do it again.

We know these are not things you would typically take a baby that is only a month old to but Burke seems to do quite well at public events!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurie-
So glad you are not letting Burke slow you down. He is part of your family and wants to be involved in everything you do! This is what we did with Nolan and what we will do with Meredith. So happy things are going well. You are doing such a great job, I am so happy and proud of you. Also, great job on the breastfeeding, little Burke is so happy and healthy. Miss you all!
Aunt Courtney